This peach yogurt dip recipe is fast, easy, and a fun healthy snack for kids and adults. I love how it’s served in single portions, so everyone can safely “double dip” if they wish. And the simple cinnamon tortilla chips are such a tasty and clever idea.
Scoop Up this Peach Yogurt Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
This whole recipe was created and shared with us by registered dietitian Deanna Segrave-Daly back in 2014. But we’ve recently adapted and updated it, and have a few ingredient tips, should you need them!
Can I Substitute Other Fruit?
Definitely! You can use your child’s favorite fruit cups, or substitute fresh cut, seasonal fruit. I like to chop it on a cutting mat and pour any residual juices into the dairy-free yogurt. This recipe is great with any stone fruit, oranges, or firm bananas. You can also use fresh berries, and smash a few to blend in with the dairy-free yogurt.
What’s the Best Dairy-Free Yogurt for this Dip?
I often get questions about how to get more calories and fat into the diets of dairy-free little ones. The yogurt in this peach yogurt dip is a great place to start! I like So Delicious, which is available in larger, cost-effective tubs. But some other coconut yogurts can provide higher fat and delicious richness. See our Best Dairy-Free Yogurt Guide for our top recommendations.
If my Dairy-Free Yogurt is Sweetened, Should I Skip the Sweetener?
I would start with the fruit juice, taste, and only add sweetener only if you think the yogurt needs it. Some dairy-free yogurts are already quite sweet!
Special Diet Notes: Peach Yogurt Dip with Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose the tortillas, yogurt, and sweetener that suit your dietary needs.
Dairy-Free Peach Yogurt Dip with Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips
Author: Deanna Segrave-Daly, RD, LDN
Recipe type: Snack
- 2 (8-inch) whole wheat or gluten-free tortillas, cut into 8 pieces each
- Oil or healthy oil spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 (4-ounce) peach fruit cups (such as Libby’s Diced Peaches)
- 1 cup dairy-free yogurt (preferably plain or vanilla unsweetened)
- 2 teaspoons honey (or agave nectar for vegan)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Place the tortilla wedges on the baking sheet and brush or spray with oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over tortilla pieces.
- Bake for the tortillas for 5 to 6 minutes until the chips are slightly crisp. Remove the chips to a cooling rack.
- Drain the fruit, but reserve 2 tablespoons of the fruit juice or syrup.
- Divide the fruit between 4 cups or bowls.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the reserved fruit juice or syrup, dairy-free yogurt, honey, and remaining ½ teaspoon cinnamon. Divide this mixture between the 4 cups or bowls, on top of the fruit.
- Serve the peaches and yogurt garnished with four cinnamon scoops each.
Serving size: 1 dip parfait Calories: 174 Fat: 5.1g Saturated fat: 2.1g Carbohydrates: 30.7g Sugar: 19.2g Sodium: 189mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 2.7g
More Kid-Friendly, Dairy-Free Dip Recipes
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Dip
Margherita Pizza Dip
Baked Sweet Potato Chips with Creamy Date Caramel Dip