Air fryer apple chips are a healthy and delicious snack easily made in the air fryer. All you need is apples and spices, and you can enjoy the sweet crisp of apple chips in just minutes!
Apples are one of my favorite fruits, and I love adding the sweetness of apples to my recipes. Everyone always thinks of delicious apple desserts when they think of making an apple recipe (have you tried my caramel apple slab pie??) but have you added apples to your salads? I love this broccoli apple salad or this amazing autumn salad with the yummiest dressing!
Air Fryer Apple Chips
Air fryer apple chips are a quick and easy recipe to dehydrate your apples into a crispy nutritious snack. These lip-smacking chips curb any craving, and you won’t be able to resist their yummy crunch! I love a guilt-free healthy snack that I can take on road trips or serve as an after-school snack.
If you’re looking for more after-school snack ideas made in the air fryer, I have some ideas for you! I love these healthier fries, these homemade potato chips, or these cheesy parmesan zucchini chips. All of these recipes are made easily in the air fryer but still have a crispy texture and flavor!
Air Fryer Apple Chips Ingredients
With only two ingredients, these apple chips come together in a pinch and are a perfect snack for after-school, sports practice, and munching on during a movie. You have to try these and experiment with your favorite kinds of apples.
- Apples: Using a crunchy apple is best. Fuji, granny smith, honey crisp, gala, and/or pink lady.
- Apple Pie Spice: I love all the spices in apple pie spice. Cinnamon, ginger, cardamom, and nutmeg…all together and perfect for apple chips! Try out my homemade one with this recipe!
Air Fryer Apple Chips Recipe
With only two ingredients, this air fryer apple chips recipe could not be any easier! They’re so easy my kids can even make them. They are sweet, crispy, and a deliciously healthy option for a treat.
- Wash/Cut: Wash and dry your apples and slice them thin using a sharp knife or mandolin. Be very careful when cutting your apple!
- Remove Stem and Seeds: Slice horizontally through the whole apple, then remove the stem and any seeds.
- Sprinkle With Spice: Sprinkle the apple chips with the apple pie spice on both sides.
- Cook and Flip: Layer the apple slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperate to 300° Fahrenheit and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the apple slices halfway through, and continue to cook until the slices are crispy. Check frequently because they will cook quickly once they are flipped.
- Storing: Store in a glass mason jar or air-tight container. Repeat the process for as many apples as you have.
Tips For Perfect Apple Chips
These air fryer apple chips are a healthy snack, and once you start munching on them, you won’t be able to stop! Full of nutrients and fiber, they are a perfect snack for kids and adults.
- Slicing: To really make sure the apples get crispy, you need to slice your apples thin. I like to use a sharp knife, but feel free to use a mandolin slicer. The key is to get the apple slices the same size so they are done at the same time.
- No Coring Needed: You do not have to core your apples before slicing. If you do not core them, you’ll have a fun star shape in the middle. If you core your apples, they will look more like a donut. Either way, they will turn out perfectly and absolutely delicious.
- Add Sugar: Add a sprinkle of white granulated sugar if you’d like! A little extra sweetness never hurts!
- Cook In Batches: One apple took me two batches. Because you need to cook the apples in a single layer, they won’t all fit at the same time.
- Cool Apples: As the apples cool, they will crisp up even more!
- Types of Apples: I like to use fuji, granny smith, Honeycrisp, gala, or pink lady apples. Any kind of red apple is my favorite, but feel free to use any variation of apples you would like.
- Watch Closely: Check frequently because they will cook quickly once they are flipped. Every air fryer is different, and some cook faster than others. You may need to play around with the cooking time on your air fryer.
Storing Apple Chips
These tasty sweet air fryer apple chips are not going to last long. Air fry them and watch them go so fast! If you do have leftovers store them in an airtight container or ziplock bag at room temperature for a few days.
Wash and dry your apples and slice them thin using a sharp knife or mandolin. Be very careful when cutting your apple!
Slice horizontally through the whole apple, then remove the stem and any seeds.
Sprinkle the apple chips with the apple pie spice on both sides.
Layer the apple slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperate to 300° Fahrenheit and cook for 10 minutes. Flip the apple slices halfway through, and continue to cook until the slices are crispy. Check frequently because they will cook quickly once they are flipped.
Store in a glass mason jar or air-tight container. Repeat the process for as many apples as you have.
Calories51kcal (3%)Carbohydrates13g (4%)Protein0.3g (1%)Fat0.3gSaturated Fat0.1g (1%)Polyunsaturated Fat0.1gMonounsaturated Fat0.01gSodium1mgPotassium104mg (3%)Fiber2g (8%)Sugar10g (11%)Vitamin A52IU (1%)Vitamin C4mg (5%)Calcium12mg (1%)Iron0.3mg (2%)
All nutritional information is based on third party calculations and is only an estimate. Each recipe and nutritional value will vary depending on the brands you use, measuring methods and portion sizes per household.
fbq( “init”, 1748581388781497 );